2016 is over and done with. That may leave you with some pretty mixed feelings. A lot of people have looked back on 2016 and were eager to cross the bridge into 2017 and never look back. Hopefully, you were able to reflect joyfully on the positive notes that filled your 2016 instead of only seeing the darker elements. Either way, it’s likely that you didn’t meet all the goals you set out to accomplish for 2016. Now that 2017 is here it’s time to get on the right track and set yourself up for success this year.
Whether your goals for 2017 are health, stress, career, or relationship oriented, there are some things that will prove to be helpful across the board. We’ve put some thoughts together to help you start working towards your better life now and for all the years to come.
An Important Foundation
Regardless of what your goals for the year are there are a few things you need to get straight first and foremost. Be forewarned these might not be the easiest things to swallow but they will help you real your goals. There are three things you need to integrate into your habits to get yourself on the right track:
- Responsibility – This is a hard one, but it’s an absolute necessity. Taking responsibility for where you are at currently, the good and the bad, is crucial to making real progress toward your 2017 goals. If you’re telling yourself that you are not at your ideal weight because of some external factor, stop. By taking responsibility you give yourself the power to change. If you can’t work out because the gym is too far away, then stop blaming the gym, take responsibility and start a home workout routine. You won’t reach your goals by making excuses. Take responsibility and give yourself the power to make changes.
- Vision – What do you look like at your ideal weight? What does your ideal relationship or career look like? Once you have decided that you will take responsibility for your 2017 goals, it’s time to create a meaningful vision of what accomplishing those goals will look like. This is important for several reasons, mostly you have to look at your current situation every day and that can become discouraging. If you give yourself a vivid meaningful vision of what your 2017 goals will look like once you’ve achieved them you can continually encourage yourself with what is possible whenever you get discouraged.
- Hard Work – Commit to hard work. Commit to the idea of working hard, and make sure you’ve set goals for 2017 that are worth working hard for. Anything worthwhile is going to take effort, so don’t look for shortcuts, instead look for a goal that is worth working hard for.
Be Realistically Ambitious
It’s been said before that people tend to greatly overestimate what they can do in a year, and underestimate what they can do in 10 years. It’s important to keep that in mind when you are setting your 2017 goals. You need to choose something that will push you, but it also needs to be realistic. Maybe you want to lose 70 pounds, a good start would be to lose 25 pounds by the end of the year. That will get you well on your way to reaching your final goal, and even better, it’s realistic. Or maybe you want to change careers. Instead of telling yourself that you will be in your dream career by the end of the year you could set a goal of identifying your dream career and making progress on the necessary steps to achieving it. Whatever you set your 2017 goals for, make sure that you push yourself, but also be sure to set realistic goals for a one-year time frame.
Once you have your 2017 goals in place you need to develop a plan to continually work toward them. Whether it is daily or weekly tasks, the key is continual effort and not just sporadic bursts of effort. If you were to do 1,000 crunches today and then nothing for the rest of the year, you will end up pretty disappointed. However, if you make a goal of 30 crunches 5 days a week, by the end of the year you’ll notice quite a difference. It is absolutely necessary that you put in continual effort, you don’t have to move a mountain today, but at least shovel a little dirt. In time, your continued efforts will yield the results you’re after.
Humans are creatures of habit. This is a benefit as much as it can be a problem. If you craft your habits in a way that provide you with the results you want then they are your best friend. However, if you let your habits choose themselves, you’ll end up somewhere you never planned on being. A few things to remember with habits:
- Gradual Changes are Better than Drastic Ones
- A Habit Doesn’t Simply Leave, It Must Be Replaced
- It Takes Around 3 Weeks to Form a New Habit
To Your Best Year Yet!
We believe in you! Don’t buy into the story that people never change, they change all the time, and you can too! Set clear and realistic goals for what you want from your life, develop a diligent plan of action, and get to work. Remember it will take time to see results and it will take time for the new habits to become comfortable. By the end of 2017 we shall surely arrive, but how you show up is up to you!
To your best, healthiest body!
Better Life Medical offers many different life improving services. Our Physician provides services include:
- Individualized Weight Loss Plans that Really Work
- The NEW! O-Shot® (increased female sexual health, and pleasure)
- The famous non-surgical PRP Facial (for rejuvenating and restoring the texture of your skin),
- And Hair loss treatment (Utilizing PRP that fosters your own hair growth)
Don’t forget to use the discount coupon valid on any first time service.
Better Life Medical, Weight Loss Knoxville
For appointment and queries CALL (865)288-8947
Make 2017 Your Year – Lose Weight 2017